Enjoy our collection from 5 of the best free Dynamic Gantt components for your web applications.
- Tasks & Collapsible Task Groups.
- Task Completion.
- Task Styling.
- Dynamic Loading of Tasks.
- Dynamic change of format: Hour, Day, Week, Month, Quarter.
- Load Gantt from XML
- From external files (including experimental support for MS Project XML files).
- Support for Internationalization (all hard coded strings can be overridden)
4. jQuery Gantt
jQuery Gantt Chart is a simple chart that implements gantt functionality as a jQuery component. It's able to:
- Read json data
- Paging results
- Display different colours for each task
- Display short description as hints
- Mark holidays
Plugin was tested and should work on:
- Firefox 4+
- Chrome 13+
- Safari 5+
- Opera 9+
- IE 8+
This plugin is distributed under the MIT license.
The jQuery.ganttView plugin is a very lightweight plugin for creating a Gantt chart in plain HTML, no vector graphics or images required. The plugin supports dragging and resizing the Gantt blocks and callbacks to trap the updated data.
The plugin depends on the following libraries:
- jQuery 1.4 or higher (obviously)
- jQuery-UI 1.8 or higher
Currently the plugin has been tested, and is working in: FF 3.5+, Chrome 5+, Safari 4+, IE8+. There are minor issues in IE7 and I haven't even attempted to use it in IE6. If you encounter any issues with any version of Internet Explorer and would like to contribute CSS fixes please visit the repository and create pull requests, several people have asked for IE6 support.
2. TW Gantt
- in-place editing.
- drag & drop.
- multiple dependencies.
- critical path.
- full editing.
- css skin.
- multiple browser.
- resources editing.
- multiple assignments.
- export data in JSON format resize & scroll SVG smooth drawing print friendly.
While a Gantt viewer (hence read-only) can be easily packed as a single component, a Gantt editor is a way more complicated object, therefore the authors prefer to think of it as an embedded jQuery application and not just as a plugin.
- Editable or readonly Gantt chart
- Cross-browser: IE, FF, Chrome, Safari, Opera
- Keyboard navigation
- Support for touch devices: iOS, Android
- jQuery integration
- Fullscreen Mode
- Loading from XML, JSON
- Rich drag-and-drop behavior to manage tasks
- Ability to mark specific times in the timeline area
- Critical path calculation (PRO Only)
- Backward planning
- Optional tree view
- Customizable task edit form (lightbox)
- Tasks Grouping (PRO Only)
- Support of baselines, deadlines and other custom elements (PRO Only)
- Three task types: project (PRO Only), task, milestone (PRO Only)
- Progress percent coloring for tasks
- Auto Scheduling (PRO Only)
- Support of unscheduled tasks
- Dependency arrows
- Simple api for managing editability / readonly modes of individual task
- Export/import from MS Project
- Smart rendering
- Undo/redo functionality
Gantt Chart can be easily used with jQuery, NodeJS, Angular, Angular 2 frameworks. Being a fully client-side solution, you may use it with any server-side technology including PHP (Laravel, Slim and other php frameworks), ASP.NET, Ruby on Rails and others. DHTMLX Gantt chart component supports all major browsers - Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer (8+), Microsoft Edge, Safari in particular. This component is free under the GPL license.