To play music, homemade videos, documentary (and we hope that anything related to piracy ). We don't need to start from the ground and read about the
Enjoy the following collection of 7 of the most imponent media player plugins available on the web.
Different platforms, one look and behavior. Projekktor serves a consistent experience to your users. Regardless if they come along by desktop or a mobile device. No user agent detection, no nested markup-tricks but a player that simply works and looks the same.
- Easy to get started, deploy in minutes.
- Totally customizable and skinnable using HTML and CSS.
- Lightweight - only 14KB minified and Gzipped.
- Free and open source, no licensing restrictions.
- Active and growing community providing support.
- Free plugins available for popular platforms.
- Extensive platform support - multi-codec, cross-browser and cross-platform.
- Comprehensive documentation and getting started guide.
- Consistent API and interface in all browsers, HTML5 or Adobe® Flash™.
- Extensible architecture.
- HTML5: mp3, mp4 (AAC/H.264), ogg (Vorbis/Theora), webm (Vorbis/VP8), wav.
- Flash: mp3, mp4 (AAC/H.264), rtmp, flv.
<video> player with Flash and Silverlight shims that mimics the HTML5 MediaElement API, enabling a consistent UI in all browsers. Instead of offering an HTML5 player to modern browsers and a totally separate Flash player to older browsers, MediaElement.js upgrades them with custom Flash and Silverlight plugins that mimic the HTML5 MediaElement API. Many great HTML5 players have a completely separate Flash UI in fallback mode, but MediaElementPlayer.js uses the same HTML/CSS for all players.
- HTML5 audio and video players in pure HTML and CSS.
- Custom Flash and Silverlight players that mimic the HTML5 MediaElement API for older browsers.
- Accessibility standards including WebVTT.
afterglow is a tool to create fully responsive and totally awesome video players from HTML5 video elements with as little effort as possible.
Its initialization is very simple and provides support for different qualities :
Popcorn.js is an event framework for HTML5 media. Popcorn.js utilizes the native HTMLMediaElement properties, methods and events, normalizes them into an easy to learn API, and provides a plugin system for community contributed interactions.
Video.js is a web video player built from the ground up for an HTML5 world. It supports HTML5 and Flash video, as well as YouTube and Vimeo (through plugins). It supports video playback on desktops and mobile devices. This project was started mid 2010, and the player is now used on 200,000 websites.
Plyr is a simple, accessible and customizable HTML5, YouTube and Vimeo media player. It is lightweight, accessible and customizable media player that supports modern browsers. Plyr makes the things really simple, using the right elements for the job.
- Accessible - full support for VTT captions and screen readers.
- Lightweight - under 10KB minified and gzipped.
- Customisable - make the player look how you want with the markup you want.
- Semantic - uses the right elements.
<input type="range">for volume and
<progress>for progress and well,
<button>s for buttons. There's no
<a href="#">button hacks.
- Responsive - as you'd expect these days.
- HTML Video & Audio - support for both formats.
- Embedded Video - support for YouTube and Vimeo video playback.
- API - toggle playback, volume, seeking, and more.
- Universal events - no messing around with Vimeo and YouTube APIs, all events are universal across formats.
- Fullscreen - supports native fullscreen with fallback to "full window" modes.
- i18n support - support for internationalization of controls.
If you have another awesome media player plugin that you want to share with everyone, please share it in the comment box down below. Have fun
Become a more social person