Making a professional IT staff team can take long time. For those who are not ready to wait and lose money, there is an IT outstaffing agency. The main sense is the prompt connection of IT employees. They do their best to solve problems without needing to rely on in-house qualified personnel. Simply put, this is a help for product teams who want to fit into sprints and release releases on time. Let's take a look at IT outstaffing - what it is, how specialists are selected and included in the company's project.
Imagine a situation where you are expanding your business, reorganizing it, or launching a new product. But the achievement of the set goals requires additional resources. Such a problem is not quickly solved a priori, because you probably need people with experience, and not beginners who still need to be trained.
Outstaffing programmers and developers are all professionals. Do you have requirements for a candidate? You submit a request to an IT recruiting agency that provides the people you need. They work on your side with your team. Simply put, these are temporary employees “rented”.
Outstaffing of IT staff: pros and cons
Let's start with the positives:
- you immediately attract specialists with a high level of training without wasting time;
- they are fixed by a contract, so there is no risk for the company;
- tax and social payments for them are made by the main employer, which reduces business costs and reduces the burden on the personnel department;
- you get outstaffing Java, PHP and other developers specifically for your project, such as sports and fitness app development company. They are ready to immediately start solving problems (the launch of projects is not disrupted);
- unlike outsourcing, the outstaff team is located at the customer's workplace, which eliminates acute problems with servicing IT services and stopping business processes;
- you can scale your business and quickly increase the pace of work and profit growth, respectively;
- hiring risks can be minimized.
There are noticeably fewer cons, and basically all of them are connected not so much with the outstaffing itself, but with an unscrupulous outstaffing company. For example, tariffs for attracted employees may suddenly increase, or out of nowhere - there will be a payment for the extension of the “lease” agreement. Or the executing company will not pay taxes for the staff or will do it with a long delay.
As a result, the cooperation with some unreliable staff can be quite serious. Therefore, you should choose such a company carefully.
What are the advantages and disadvantages for professionals?
In the outstaffing environment, it is easier and faster to find a job with a salary corresponding to the level of knowledge and skills of the candidate. At the same time, the interview and testing are carried out once, and subsequently, you can work for a long or medium term in different companies. For many of those who are looking for a job, this is even more interesting than working on the same product for years.
The disadvantages of outstaffing for IT specialists are also associated with unscrupulous outstaffing companies. Therefore, you need to carefully read the contract and ask all your questions about the specifics of such cooperation.
Which companies are suitable for IT outstaffing?
This model of cooperation is gaining momentum in our country and, according to experts, will soon replace outsourcing. Who is it best for?
- For IT organizations that need to strengthen the team and test hypotheses - for example, develop a new feature and look at user reaction;
- For companies that do not have enough hands to develop digital products in a small IT department;
- For companies that want to introduce high technologies in a narrow direction, and full-time specialists do not have such experience;
- For companies that want to launch a project on time, speed up workflows for a quick return on investment or fix lame business processes;
- The need for urgent project's implementation.
The company of professionals is for their client's service.